Roaches are known to carry many types of disease on and inside their bodies. As they crawl around your home, they leave behind a greasy film which carries bacteria, and also whatever they walked through previously (it could be from sewers, pipes, under the stove etc. Some of the diseases are actually quite serious, and some of them can be fatal. There is no guarantee that the bacteria will no effect you, which is why you need to get rid of roaches as soon as you can.
The following types of bacteria are just some of the ones carried by roaches one way or another:
- Aeromonas which usually can cause several types of infections and diarrhea.
- Alcaligenes faecalis which is known to cause severe urinary tract infections and gastroenteritis.
- Bacillus subtilis is known as the bacteria that causes conjunctivitis.
- Campylobacter jejuni can cause enteritis.
- Clostridium perfringens is known for causing gas, gangrene, and food poisoning.
- Enterobacter which causes bacteremia. This is a condition in which the blood gets contaminated with bacteria and begins to cause several infections including abscesses among others.
- Escherichia coli which can cause severe diarrhea.
- Mycobacterium leprae which is known for causeing leprosy.
- Nocardia which is a bacteria that causes actinomycetoma. Actinomycetom is a disease that causes chronic infections on the skin and the underlying tissues.
- Oligella urethralis which causes bacteremia, peritonitis and various types of arthritis which will cause serious pain for a long time.
- Pseudomonas which causes heavy respiratory infections and gastroenteritis.
- Salmonella typhi which causes typhoid.
- Salmonella pyogenes which causes a severe form of pneumonia.
- Shigella dysenteria is a bacteria that causes dysentery.
- Sphyngobacterium which causes sepsis. Sepsis is a condition in which the blood or other tissues get infected with pathogenic microorganisms.
- Staphylococcus aureus which causes infections to the internal organs and skin.
As you have read above, most of these diseases are very serious, and some can be fatal. It is in your best interest to get rid of roaches in your home or office as soon as you can. Do not delay, you and your family are at risk.